- RSS Channel Showcase 8151124
- RSS Channel Showcase 7978157
- RSS Channel Showcase 9286503
- RSS Channel Showcase 9417134
Articles on this Page
- 10/31/16--17:23: _Butler College Dive...
- 11/14/16--17:30: _7 Amazing Underwate...
- 11/29/16--22:09: _Hello Singapore: Sk...
- 01/09/17--05:32: _6 Reasons to Become...
- 04/07/17--00:00: _Lowri and Oli Go Pr...
- 04/27/17--05:00: _Freediving and Mind...
- 05/19/17--00:30: _My Top Five Dives t...
- 05/30/17--00:30: _5 Reasons to Comple...
- 07/04/17--00:45: _The surprising Mari...
- 07/17/17--00:45: _So, What’s so Speci...
- 08/23/17--00:45: _Is learning to Dive...
- 08/30/17--00:55: _Breathtaking Experi...
- 09/12/17--00:44: _My 5 Top Tips for W...
- 09/19/17--00:45: _Simple mistakes you...
- 10/05/17--00:45: _My Top Five Reasons...
- 10/12/17--00:45: _Ultimate Dive Sites...
- 10/23/17--00:23: _Advice to Underwate...
- 11/08/17--00:45: _What I’ll Never For...
- 11/10/17--00:46: _One Small Step – Ch...
- 11/14/17--08:46: _Going From Entry Le...
- 10/31/16--17:23: Butler College Dives in at the Cocos Keeling Islands
- 11/14/16--17:30: 7 Amazing Underwater Macro Photography Subjects
- 11/29/16--22:09: Hello Singapore: Skyscrapers and Scuba Diving
- 01/09/17--05:32: 6 Reasons to Become a Diver in 2017
- 04/07/17--00:00: Lowri and Oli Go Pro – Our Cyprus Adventure
- 04/27/17--05:00: Freediving and Mindfulness
- 05/19/17--00:30: My Top Five Dives to Date
- 05/30/17--00:30: 5 Reasons to Complete your Dive Training in Cyprus
- 07/04/17--00:45: The surprising Marine Life of the British Isles
- 07/17/17--00:45: So, What’s so Special about the Underwater World?
- 08/23/17--00:45: Is learning to Dive Hard?
- 08/30/17--00:55: Breathtaking Experiences you have when Learning to Dive
- 09/12/17--00:44: My 5 Top Tips for Wreck Diving
- 10/05/17--00:45: My Top Five Reasons to Become a PADI Master Scuba Diver
- 10/12/17--00:45: Ultimate Dive Sites in the Maldives
- 10/23/17--00:23: Advice to Underwater Videographers and Photographers
- 11/08/17--00:45: What I’ll Never Forget About Learning to Dive
- 11/10/17--00:46: One Small Step – Choosing the correct entry method
Can you imagine you and some of your closest school friends heading off to the Cocos Keeling Islands to dive? Well, for a lucky bunch of students from Butler College in Perth, Australia, that’s exactly what happened. Butler College offers diving courses as part of the Marine Studies syllabus that […]
The post Butler College Dives in at the Cocos Keeling Islands appeared first on .
These seven small species just got to show that size definitely isn’t everything! Here we take a look at our top picks when it comes to underwater macro photography and why these are our favorites. All photos by Sarah Wormald Pontohi Pygmy Seahorse Pontohi pygmy seahorses (Hippocampus pontohi) are one […]
The post 7 Amazing Underwater Macro Photography Subjects appeared first on .
It’s a question that’s been asked many times over – what’s the perfect travel destination? Well, surely it’s a place that has it all – and if that’s the case, then Singapore is it. With it’s the theme parks, skyscrapers and scuba diving, Singapore will continuously surprise and delight you. […]
The post Hello Singapore: Skyscrapers and Scuba Diving appeared first on .
If you’re flirting with the idea of trying scuba diving, or if friends or family are hoping you will, keep reading. Discover new environments. “If you have never experienced the ocean, it can give you a new perspective on life. Seeing it for the first time, you realize that there […]
The post 6 Reasons to Become a Diver in 2017 appeared first on .
For the next few months we’ll be following the Cyprus Adventure of husband and wife duo Lowri and Oli James as Lowri blogs their scuba diving journey from Open Water Diver to PADI Professional. The moment I took my first breath underwater at Cardiff International pool back in 2011, I […]
The post Lowri and Oli Go Pro – Our Cyprus Adventure appeared first on .
Written by Sophie Gaze Mindfulness. You hear that word all the time, in yoga, in self-help books, or perhaps it rings a bell from a psychology class that you took years ago. For me, mindfulness used to be an abstract idea that I had heard in passing, probably wanted to […]
The post Freediving and Mindfulness appeared first on .
‘My top five dives to date’ is written by Guest Blogger Lowri James Like most divers, Oli and I are just happy being in the water. We feel privileged to share the underwater world with the incredible marine life which exists below the surface, and to us every dive is an […]
The post My Top Five Dives to Date appeared first on .
Written by guest Blogger Alexandra Dimitriou Here are 5 reasons why you should complete your dive training in Cyprus. Cyprus, located in the most eastern part of the Mediterranean, is a superb place to become PADI Open Water Diver certified. It is a first rate destination to take your training one […]
The post 5 Reasons to Complete your Dive Training in Cyprus appeared first on .
When first thinking about the marine life of the British Isles some would imagine the occasional mackerel flashing by in the green waters as the most exciting encounter you’d have. However, as those who venture into the colder waters know, this isn’t the case. We spoke to Lloyd Jones, underwater […]
The post The surprising Marine Life of the British Isles appeared first on .
By guest blogger Lowri James When you descend below the surface, you are welcomed into an underwater world filled with colour, life and beauty. As divers, it is our duty to treat this world with the utmost respect and consideration as we are, in effect, ambassadors for ocean conservation. There […]
The post So, What’s so Special about the Underwater World? appeared first on .
By guest blogger Lisa Learning to dive is an exciting, scary and challenging experience – all at the same time. Since I got certified with PADI the one question most people have asked me has been some version or other of; is learning to dive hard? This does, of course, […]
The post Is learning to Dive Hard? appeared first on .
By guest blogger, Lisa Learning to dive is an incredible experience, and most divers never forget it. Not only is it both challenging and rewarding at the same time, it can also leave you completely breathless. When learning to dive on your PADI Open Water Diver course there are some […]
The post Breathtaking Experiences you have when Learning to Dive appeared first on .
By guest blogger Alexandra Dimitriou Wreck diving is exhilarating. Wreck diving is special. Wreck diving may be more extreme than regular diving, and it demands a greater respect, but it’s easy to get the most out of wrecks while keeping yourself out if the danger zone. Perhaps wreck is so exhilarating […]
The post My 5 Top Tips for Wreck Diving appeared first on .
By guest blogger, Lisa from Fjords and Beaches I am a huge advocate for learning to dive, and believe it is an experience everyone should get to go through. I am constantly telling friends and family that they just have to do it, and am trying to convince everyone I […]
The post Simple mistakes you make when learning to dive (and how to avoid them) appeared first on .
Written by guest blogger Kayleigh Relf If you love the fun and adventure scuba diving brings into your life and are ready to take your recreational diving skills to the next level, then the PADI Master Scuba Diver (MSD) rating is for you. Scuba diving is a unique and special […]
The post My Top Five Reasons to Become a PADI Master Scuba Diver appeared first on .
The following was originally posted on jobsinthemaldives.com If you had the power to create your own islands, sea, and country, designed specifically for diving, it may well look a lot like the Maldives. With over 1000 coral islands sitting in the temperate and nutrient-rich Indian Ocean, the dive sites in the […]
The post Ultimate Dive Sites in the Maldives appeared first on .
Underwater photographer and videographer, Christoph Weber talks about giving advice to underwater videographers and photographers… What are your top three tips for budding underwater videographers and photographers? In addition to the more practical tips I mentioned in my previous article, I would add these three more general ones: Practice Shoot as often […]
The post Advice to Underwater Videographers and Photographers appeared first on .
By guest blogger, Lisa from Fjords and Beaches Learning to dive is an amazing experience, and I almost wish I could experience it again! The nervousness when trying to remember the theory of it, the shock when I realised that the gear was quite heavy (not sure what I was imagining), […]
The post What I’ll Never Forget About Learning to Dive appeared first on .
“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Confucius Since every dive starts with an entry, it’s important to know the different techniques for different environments. When making this decision, start by answering these three questions. What is the surface like where you’re entering? Is it […]
The post One Small Step – Choosing the correct entry method appeared first on .
Written by Lee Piper, PADI IDC Staff Instructor For many divers the opportunity to dive in Belize and swim among Bull and reef sharks at 40m in the famous ‘Great Blue Hole’ is a distant dream. However, not for newly qualified PADI Advanced Open Water and Deep specialty Divers Guy […]
The post Going From Entry Level Divers to Advanced Open Water Divers in Four Months appeared first on .